NIOS Class 10th & 12th Examination 2023: Registrations Begins
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) started the registration process from 26 December 2022 for the Class 10 and Class 12 Examination 2023. Candidates can register through the official website- https://www.nios.ac.in/
What is NIOS?
NIOS is an "Open School" designed to meet the needs of a diverse group of students up to the pre-degree level. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) introduced NIOS in 1979.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) provides opportunities to interested students by offering the following Courses/Programs of Study via open and distance learning (ODL).
Programs Offered by NIOS
- Open Basic Education (OBE) Programs for 14+ years age group, adolescents and adults at A, B and C levels that are equivalent to classes III, V and VIII of the formal school system.
- Secondary Education Course
- Senior Secondary Education Course
- Vocational Education Courses/Programs
- Life Enrichment Programs
Eligibility to Appear in the NIOS 10th & 12th Exam 2023
Students must meet some minimum eligibility requirements set by the National Institute of Open Schooling in order to be eligible for the NIOS 10th & 12th exam 2023.
- NIOS class 10 eligibility requirements 2023:
- Students who have successfully passed their class 8 exams may apply for the NIOS 10th exam in 2023.
- To apply for admission, the candidate must be at least 14 years old.
- There is no upper age limit for admission.
NIOS class 12 eligibility requirements 2023:
- The student must have completed their secondary class exams.
- To be eligible for the NIOS 12th exams 2023, students must be at least 15 years old as of January 31, 2023.
- The student must produce a copy of a secondary pass certificate from NIOS or a recognized board duly attested by a gazetted officer, an address proof and two latest passport-sized photographs.
NIOS Class 12th 2023 Syllabus
- Students are required to study five subjects with either one or maximum two languages and the remaining subjects as per choice. Each subject carries 100 marks. For subjects with practicals, the weightage is theory - 80%, practical - 20%.
Students who have registered for the April 2023 exam and those who have failed previous exams may apply until January 10, 2023.
Those who took the October-November 2022 exam can also register between December 26 and January 10 without paying a late fee.
The official notice of the NIOS read, “Class 12 students must ensure an essential gap of two years from the passing year of secondary examination for the purpose of obtaining a passing certificate. If the learner does not have the requisite gap of two years, he/she can register only in a maximum of four subjects (including the subjects already passed) for the forthcoming April-May examinations.”
Registration Start Date: December 26, 2022
Last Date of Registration: January 10, 2023 (without late fee)
Registration with late fee of Rs 100 per subject: January 11 to 17, 2023
Steps to Apply
Step 1. Candidates go to the official website, nios.ac.in.
Step 2. Click on the admission window of National Institute of Open School.
Step 3. Register yourself here and fill the exam application form.
Step 4. Attach your documents and pay the fee.
Step 5. Submit the form and take a print-out for further need.
To get more updates about the latest information and resources to clear the upcoming NIOS 10th & 12th Examination 2023, stay connected with our platform, Step Up Academy.